Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day in Hue...

Hue has been a beautiful and cultural place in Vietnam. It is fairly central and lies on the Perfume River. Ashley and I took a tour on a dragon boat to visit some tombs and pagodas today. It was very hot but very informative/beautiful. I think my favorite part was meeting and talking to all of the other westerners on the boat. We met some English, Germans, Spanish, French, and a guy from Amsterdam. It is fun to exchange stories and hear about everyone's adventures.

I got these shoes before I left from Cincinnati...they are Reef's and they have a secret compartment on the sole of the shoe where you can put keys, money, and miscellaneous things. They have become a huge hit when people see me messing with them. Some people want to buy them from me...:) they would be a huge hit all over the world!!

We got back and showered...you have no idea how good it feels and how thankful I am everyday for it!!! We had some dinner at Lac Thien and had some Vietnamese food. At this restaurant a guy invented a bottle opener to open beers so Ashley and I got 2 free!! We also signed our names on the wall...(Ashley put GO XU!! and WHO DEY!!!)

We are now at a post office blogging this and surrounded by young Vietnamese boys playing video games!!

Tommorow is our last day we fly out from Hue tommorow at 6pm to Ho Chi Minh...hopefully I will blog about our last day. We plan on visiting the city here in Hue!

No comments: