Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2007

Mekong Delta

Hey Guys! Last night Ashley and I found "Guns and Roses", the bar where they only play Axl all night long. It is right down the street from where we are staying and dropped by there before we had dinner last night.

This morning we got up bright and early for our Mekong Delta tour. We got on a bus for about 2 hours and then got on a boat and headed to a couple of islands. On the islands we got to have lunch, eat coconut candy, and listen to some good old traditional Vietnamese music. It was a rather relaxing tour and we didn't get as sweaty and dirty as yesterday. The candy and food were great...the music...let's just say that Simon would of torn them apart!!

We got to ride through canals on row boats. All I could think about was how my brother Kevin would have so much fun on the jet ski's through the area. It was quite gorgeous!

On our tour we met some "aussie's" and had nice conversations with them at lunch.

We just had dinner down the street and tommorow we are going through Ho Chi Minh City more and checking out the war museum and other sites. I don't know if I have mentioned this but they don't drive cars here in Vietnam, everyone travels by motorbike. The traffic is crazy and very very dangerous. I have seen 4 accidents since I have arrived.

We booked a train to head to DaNang tommorow night. We are taking a sleeper train and getting to DaNang on Wednesday afternoon. That is where we head to our group home. I am looking forward to it...

Anyone that wants anything specifically from Vietnam let us know!! We are pretty good bargain hunters. Also...is anyone out there????

7 comments:

Buffalo said...

You found the Guns 'n Roses Bar!! Ha ha ha. I used to go there often... at least when I first moved to Saigon and before I moved out of my hotel in that neighborhood. It's a dingy little bar, eh?! ... but the bartender was always patient with my Vietnamese and where else can you recommend Guns 'n Roses all night?! Ridiculous.

Buffalo said...

If either of you have room, I'd love a small bottle of rice wine. I'll pay ya back... not one with the snakes in it. Just a plain old bottle of rice wine.

Enjoy your day in Saigon tomorrow and have a fun train ride to Danang!

greg nobis said...

Awesome Kacey..Suzi and i read your blog religiously every day. Kris does too..please keep up the blogging. It is really fun for us..
Dad
Suzi
Kris

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having an awesome trip. I can't wait to see the pictures. If you have room for a Ho Chi Minh action figure, I'm interested.

Katie Dicesare said...

Wow! I am backtracking to catch up with your trip! (I love blogging) You sound awesome...enjoying and appreciating what sounds like an amazing adventure. Don't worry...now that I am back from vacation and have internet I will be commenting often.

Enjoy tomorrow...I think you're right about Kevin and maybe Joey now that he's taken him on a back bay tour!

Rita or Jim said...

Hi kacey,
You are in our prayers. Glad you escaped serious injury. I would have given 2.50.
Love,
Jim & Mom

Anonymous said...

How about a bottle of Vietnamese wine?